Today I had the pleasure of meeting with the newly formed Birmingham chapter of the Social Media Club. It’s basically a group of like-minded individuals (and those we drag into it unwillingly) meeting together in the interest of sharing social media related ideas, opinions, and overall promoting media literacy. Hopefully we can get a large enough group together and come together to connect, share and learn from each other.
Today’s agenda included:
- Birmingham’s place in the SMC Wiki
- Join SMC mailing lists — local and national
- Recruiting/organizing committee members
- Secure a venue and sponsors
- Suggestions for discussion topics
- Picking future meeting day/time
- Group promotion
Those of you who could not make it today (or were unaware of this group), please feel free to check out the B’ham wiki page and get in contact with our group leader, Scott Schablow, if you are interested in participating or have helpful suggestions.