Here are the rules:
1. Link to name of person that tagged you.
2. Include state (or region) and country you live in.
3. List top 5 favorite local restaurants.
4. Tag 5 other people and let them know they’ve been tagged.
The very lovely Jules of Everyday Mommy tagged me for this. :smile:
I live in Alabama, USA.
- Cajun Steamer – Hands down one of my favorite places to be. Their food is IMO the best Cajun and Creole cuisine outside of New Orleans!
- Bento – One of my newest favorite restaurants. I’m a huge fan of Japanese places, but Bento also has always given us the best service. The owners and wait staff have always been very accommodating and have gone out of their way on several occasions to make sure that we’re happy. They treat their customers very well, and to me that speaks volumes!
- Stix – Another fave of mine, also Japanese. It’s located just outside the Galleria and is a bit “artsier” than Bento. I’ve gotten great service there in the past, and have always loved their shows!
- Doodles – Another great Cajun place (anyone noticing a theme? LOL!), has some AWESOME po-boys! The owners are very nice people and are often involved in the community.
- Baumhower’s Wings – I absolutely LOVE me some good hot wings, and IMO Baumhower’s is the best, hands down! And besides, how can I turn down any place run by a ‘Bama alum and former Miami Dolphins pro? :D
Honorable Mention: Leo & Susie’s Greentop BBQ – It’s not exactly “local” to me anymore. *pout* I’ve eaten at this place since I was a kid and the only reason I wish I still lived in Corner is so I could be closer to Greentop! :lol:
Tag, you’re it!
Okie dokie, the following five people just received an email from me. *evil grin* Now it’s y’all’s turn. :mrgreen:
- Teresa, my fellow Bama fanatic and cheering squad
- Dotty, Jim’s very wonderful mother and my dear friend
- Mara, my constant source of inspiration and comedic outlet (squiggle biscuit!!! LOL!)
- Carol, whose blog I recommend as a “must read”, you keep me informed! :)
- Ben, whose antics and friendship helped keep me sane both in PC and afterwards all these years, LOL!
… Come on down! You’re the next victims — er, I mean — contestants on Restaurant Meme! ;)
And anyone else who wants to join in, feel free to play along via comments or trackbacks! :D
Oh goody! You know I just LOVE memes! LOL I’ll get on it just as soon as I get a little free time…I’m kind of slammed at work today. :roll:
Boy, you’re quick! LOL :grin:
Sorry to hear you’re slammed, hon. :(
Haven’t had much time to eat out recently. Although I will be filling this in later for a bit of fun.
Looking forward to it, Ben. :)
Jen and I better not visit those and like them. Places we have liked have been mysteriously shutting down on us like Flatrock Grill and Bahama Breeze. :cry:
I wish Jen liked wings because I never get to go anywhere and have them.
“Jen and I better not visit those and like them. Places we have liked have been mysteriously shutting down on us like Flatrock Grill and Bahama Breeze.”
Yeah, that sucks about those. B.Breeze had GOOD drinks!
“I wish Jen liked wings because I never get to go anywhere and have them.”
They do have other dishes! :D
Restaurant Meme » Geek on a Bike
[…] tagged by the lovely Nicki to do this Restaurant Meme, I don’t usually do things like this because I […]
Alabama Improper â„¢
A Restaurant MEME…
Nicki from The Birthplace of the Process of Illogical Logic, and whose blog I can finally type out without having to keep going back to look at it, has tagged me with this restaurant MEME.
I like MEMEs but I especially like this one because I get to f…