Last night Jessie was watching Bruce Almighty with us. Once the movie was over, Jessie turned and asked me if I thought God was black. I told her I didn’t know because I’ve never seen Him. She then asked if I thought God was like “Him” in the movie (Morgan Freeman). I said, “Yes, I think so.” She says, “How do you know?” I said, “The God I believe in is a God that loves you as you are, no matter what color, size, or shape you are, no matter how good or bad you’ve been, or what your life has become. He loves you no matter what.” She says, “So just like the movie, He believes in you?” I said, “Exactly.” Thoughtfully, she adds, “He sounds like a good daddy to me.”
I hope all you dads out there had a good Father’s Day! Mine spoke to me for a whole 37 seconds … oh the joy. :???:
In lighter news, here’s a cute bit that Jim’s mother sent me this morning:
Even God Enjoys a Good Laugh
There were 3 good arguments that Jesus was Black:
- He called everyone brother.
- He liked Gospel.
- He didn’t get a fair trial.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Jewish:
- He went into His Father’s business.
- He lived at home until he was 33.
- He was sure his Mother was a virgin and his Mother was sure He was God.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian:
- He talked with His hands.
- He had wine with His meals.
- He used olive oil.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a Californian:
- He never cut His hair.
- He walked around barefoot all the time.
- He started a new religion.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was an American Indian:
- He was at peace with nature.
- He ate a lot of fish.
- He talked about the Great Spirit.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Irish:
- He never got married.
- He was always telling stories.
- He loved green pastures.
But the most compelling evidence of all – 3 proofs that Jesus was a woman:
- He fed a crowd at a moment’s notice when there was virtually no food.
- He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just didn’t get it.
- And even when He was dead, He had to get up because there was still work to do.
LOL! Cute. :)
very funny and the part with jessie is adorable!
If that’s the message of religion you deliver to Jessie, then you once again earned my utmost respect. I am not a religious person myself, but i do have a lot of respect for people that “use” religion the way i personally think it was meant.
@Wes: Thanks. :)
@DD: Thank you … I simply explain it to her the way I wish it had been explained to me when I was her age. :)