I wore my wedding ring to work yesterday … I showed it to pretty much everyone on the first floor of this building! LOL! I think I grinned from ear to ear all day yesterday. At one point, our senior programmer asked me if my face was hurting yet. :mrgreen:
The planning is really picking up, though I’m finding that more and more places are already booked for our date (if not the whole month of October) … oh well, carry on then. I have an appointment Thursday to go look at one potential site downtown, and several others have already emailed me brochures and price lists. Jim and I went over a few last night. His first pick was Ross Bridge, but I’m afraid that may be a little out of our price range, LOL!
Someone had asked me what sites I recommended, these are the ones I’ve been using for various things:
- The Knot, first and foremost. It has a very handy online checklist, guestlist with many export and sorting options, and a TON of articles, pictures, tips, and what-have-you. This site has been the biggest help in keeping me organized.
- Eventective, a very large event database. The search is a little wonky but its features and content pretty much made up for that, IMO.
- Frugal Bride, a Canadian site, but the tips and articles were very helpful!
- Cheap Wedding Ideas, a NICE blog with various sales, tips, ideas, and a little bit of everything. (not local)
- Alabama Bridal Directories, publishes a very handy directory of area vendors of ALL kinds.
- Brides.com, this one’s vendor listings were very few, but had some nice articles and picture references.
- Bama Bride, had a few nice vendor listings.
- Alabama Bridal, nice vendor listings.
- Weddings Alabama, had several event locations that were not listed anywhere else.
- Ditto that for Brides Club
- Greater Birmingham Convention & Visitors Bureau, has various helpful links, including area facilities.
- Forever and Always, gave me several very good favors ideas.
Honorable Mention: The Paper Works Outlet – their website doesn’t have a whole lot on it, you’ll have to visit the store to see everything they have. I will most likely be getting my favor supplies here!
love the fact that http://www.nitallica.org/2006/07/19/hah-phear/ is classed as a related post.
LOL! Nice. :)