What do you call a woman:
- who squanders her income on trivial pursuits instead on utilities and things that are absolutely necessary for herself and her daughter to live;
- whose idea of discipline and relating to her daughter meanders from one extreme to another. i.e.:
- discipline: “I don’t want to be your mother, I want to be your friend”,
- school: “I don’t care if you fail if you don’t”,
- to every day things: “I’ll scream at you whenever I feel like for whatever I feel like, tell you that I wish you were never born, tell you that it’s your fault I can’t keep a man,” …
- who puts herself and her daughter in life-threatening situations
You’ve heard of “nature vs. nurture,” right? Me, at best I could hope for in Jessie’s case is “domestication vs. DNA” in this case. Everything Jim and I raise her up to be is torn down in no time by her mother, and for (what I can come up with) no better reason than pure spite or sheer stupidity.
I pray that one day Jessie grows up to be 100 times a better woman than her mother is — or even that I am for that matter.