I’ve been in meetings for most of the day and unfortunately have not had much time to read feeds, news, etc. This disturbing message just came in from the folks at CAII:
Ladies and Gents……….
This Bill is TOTAL BS!
The Time to ACT is NOW!
This bill WILL pass if you don’t call your Senator’s and Representatives NOW!
Want to get ahead in America? Break The Law!
TOTAL AMNESTY TO ALL ILLEGALS BREAKING THE LAW NOW………….CHECK!
NO REAL PROOF REQUIRED AS TO WHO GETS THE DEAL…………………CHECK!
NO NEW MECHANISM TO PROCESS THE ILLEGALS………………………..CHECK!
DECREASE THE BORDER FENCE FROM 750 MILES TO 370 MILES………..CHECK!
NEW GUEST WORKER VISA TO SUPPLY MILLIONS OF LOW PAID WORKERS…CHECK!
“CALLS FOR” THE HIRING OF 18,000 BORDER PATROL PATROL AGENTS..CHECK!
(to replace the ones we currently throw in jail for attempting to stop illegals now)
Can this Bill be Stopped? Call your senator today and DEMAND they not support this bill!
BUSH AND KENNEDY GET EVERYTHING THEY WANT…WE ARE THE ONES WHO GET SCREWED!
Via Kate O’Beirne, Heritage Foundation scholar Robert Rector
estimates the bill’s price tag at a potential $2.5 trillion with a “t:”
“Giving amnesty to illegal immigrants would increase the costs outlined in this testimony. Some 50 to 60 percent of illegal immigrants lack a high school degree. Granting amnesty or conditional amnesty to illegal immigrants would, overtime, increase their use of means-tested welfare, Social Security and Medicare. Fiscal costs would go up significantly in the short term but would go up dramatically after the amnesty recipient reached retirement. Based on my current research, I estimate that if all the current adult illegal immigrants in the U.S. were granted amnesty the net retirement costs to government (benefits minus taxes) could be over $2.5 trillion.
FROM NUMBERS USA:
Although we don’t have the legislative language yet, here are the key components:
WE LOSE — by getting an immediate amnesty for nearly all 12-20 million illegal aliens who will get legal status for residence and jobs (with assurance of green cards no later than 13 years).
IN EXCHANGE FOR — we get mandatory workplace verification and a lot of extra enforcement (with a lot of typical Kennedy loopholes) to try to slow the flow of the next 12 million illegal aliens enticed by the amnesty;
WE LOSE — by getting a tripling of the rate of chain migration of extended family from around 250,000 a year to around 750,000 a year for about a decade;
IN EXCHANGE FOR — after about a decade, there should be no more chain migration (assuming that Kennedy doesn’t add it back in by then);
WE LOSE — by getting new flows of 400,000 temporary foreign workers each year, bringing their families and having anchor babies who will be given U.S. citizenship;
IN EXCHANGE FOR — at least the temporary workers are supposed to leave and not be able to apply for green cards and permanent residency.
WHY THE REPUBLICANS ARE STAMPEDING TO BACK THIS AMNESTY
The majority of Republican Senators last year voted against the S. 2611 amnesty that passed.
But at a noon meeting today with nearly all GOP Senators, Sen. Kyl outlined the amnesty agreement he had negotiated with Sen. Kennedy. Our sources say only about three Senators raised concerns. Most of the rest were saying things like, “If you think this is a good idea, John, I guess that should be good enough for us.”
Pres. Bush and staff have been brilliant in moving Sen. McCain (R-Ariz.) and Sen. Martinez (R-Fla.) into a more secondary role and persuading conservative leader Kyl to lead the negotiations. Kyl is able to lead many Senators to follow him who would otherwise not support an amnesty of any kind.
At the moment, the only Senators whom we feel relatively certain are opposing this new amnesty are Sen. DeMint (R-SC), Enzi (R-Wyo.), Crapo (R-Idaho), Vitter (R-La.), Allard (R-Colo.), Sessions (R-Ala.), Chambliss (R-Ga.), Grassley (R-Iowa)…
Posted from The Undocumented Blogger
Senator Ted Kennedy and Harry Reid along with Presidential hopeful John McCain are proudly touting an agreement reached to provide amnesty to the approximately 20 million illegal aliens residing in the U.S. If you haven’t contacted your Senators and Congressmen yet, now is the time to do so.
The plan includes the following provisions:
1. It provides amnesty for illegal aliens who came to this country prior to January 1, 2007 (How exactly you are to prove when an illegal came here is beyond me.), who have paid taxes, and do not have a criminal record.
2. It creates a new “Z” visa which will be issued to the previously mentioned group of illegal aliens that would allow them to stay and work in the U.S.
3. The head of the illegal alien household will be given 8 years to return to their country of origin and pay a fine of $5,000 to achieve U.S. citizenship.
4. Illegal aliens with “Z” visas not wanting citizenship will be able to renew their “Z” visa indefinitely allowing them to stay and work in the U.S.
5. A new guest worker visa will be created that allows a foreign worker to come to the U.S. and work for two years. It can then be renewed up to 3 times.
6. It decreases the length of the border fence called for in previously passed legislation from 750 miles to 370.
7. It calls for the hiring of 18,000 new border patrol agents (who we assume are being hired to replace the agents the federal government has been throwing in jail for protecting the U.S. from drug smugglers and other criminals).
Senator Kennedy stated the President has agreed to sign the bill. Thus, the only thing between amnesty for 20 million illegal aliens and law and order is the Democrat controlled House.
This bill IS TOTAL AMNESTY……..
YOUR SENATORS ARE LYING TO YOU……CALL THEM TODAY!
THE HARD WORKING FOLKS