I was cleaning out one of the “junk drawers” in my bathroom and ran across several scraps of paper with various pieces of wisdom on them — many of which I saved for sentimental value. The one thing they all had in common was that they all listed ways to better myself and/or my outlook on life, love, relationships, etc.
I’d like to share one of my favorites with y’all, courtesy of my favorite Padre:
Be a kid again
1. Do a cartwheel.
2. Sing into your hairbrush.
3. Walk barefoot in wet grass.
4. Play a song you like really loud, over and over.
5. Dot all your â€œiâ€â€™s with smiley faces.
6. Read the funnies. Throw the rest of the paper away.
7. Dunk your cookies.
8. Play a game where you make up the rules as you go along.
9. Step carefully over sidewalk cracks.
10. Change into some play clothes.
11. Try to get someone to trade you a better sandwich.
12. Eat ice cream for breakfast.
13. Kiss a frog, just in case.
14. Blow the wrapper off a straw.
15. Have someone read you a story.
16. Find some pretty stones and save them.
17. Wear your favorite shirt with your favorite pants even if they donâ€™t match.
18. Take a running jump over a big puddle.
19. Get someone to buy you something you really donâ€™t need.
20. Hide your vegetables under your napkin.
21. Stay up past your bedtime.
22. Eat dessert first.
23. Fuss a little, then take a nap.
24. Wear red gym shoes.
25. Put way too much sugar on your cereal.
26. Make cool screeching noises every time you turn a corner.
27. Giggle a lot for no reason.
28. Give yourself a gold star for everything you do today.
Ancient wisdom I just made up. . .
I’m proud to say that I’m guilty of so many of those … but I must confess that I enjoy jumping into big puddles more than over them. *g*