This was sent to me by a lovely lady in my NP Guild:
This is being sent only to those whose level of maturity qualifies them to relate to it…
(lol, are you calling me old? Thanks Franny! ;P~)
1975: Long hair
2005: Longing for hair
1975: Acid rock
2005: Acid reflux
1975: Moving to California because it’s cool
2005: Moving to Arizona because it’s warm
1975: Trying to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
2005: Trying NOT to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor
1975: Seeds and stems
1975: Hoping for a BMW
2005: Hoping for a BM
1975: Going to a new, hip joint
2005: Receiving a new hip joint
1975: Rolling Stones
2005: Kidney Stones
1975: Being called into the principal’s office
2005: Calling the principal’s office
1975: Screw the system
2005: Upgrade the system
1975: Parents begging you to get your hair cut
2005: Children begging you to get their heads shaved
1975: Passing the drivers’ test
2005: Passing the vision test
Ok, so I’m not quite old enough for most of those, but this next set I *definitely* relate to!
- The people who are starting college this fall across the nation were born in 1987.
- They are too young to remember the first space shuttle blowing up on liftoff.
- Their lifetime has always included AIDS.
- Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
- The CD was introduced the year they were born.
- They have always had an answering machine.
- They have always had cable.
- They cannot fathom not having a remote control.
- Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.
- Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.
- They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.
- They can’t imagine what hard contact lenses are.
- They don’t know who Mork was or where he was from.
- They never heard: “Where’s the Beef?”, “I’d walk a mile for a Camel,” or “de plane, Boss, de plane.”
- They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.
- McDonald’s never came in Styrofoam containers.
- They don’t have a clue how to use a typewriter.
Do you feel old yet?
I do :P