Have had an interesting couple of weeks. Jim and I went to see The Bourne Supremacy at the new Rave Theatre at Patton Creek this past Saturday, but were unable to finish it because of the weather. It seems the power kept going out, which stopped the movie (obviously). About 3/4 of the way through the movie, and after a half dozen or so flickers and restarts, a manager came around and gave everyone a free pass to apologize for the “movie stutters.” Unfortunately, the power went out and stayed out with about 10-15 minutes left of the movie. We sat for about 15 minutes and the manager came back and told us that we were all getting another free pass each, and they were clearing out the building.
(Great! It’s storming something terrible outside, and you want to send us all out IN it!?) ::blink::
I’m pleased to say that my cousin Chris is doing much better. He was involved in a motorcycle accident earlier this month, and is apparently awake now. Although he’s not yet able to speak, Chris clearly understands when spoken to and can wave and nod when needed to communicate.
I had received a call from Trish, an old friend, last week that another long time friend, Victoria, had accidentally overdosed on her medication and had to be taken to the hospital. She had been in the Critical Care Unit for most of the week, and I found out today that she was released from the hospital and is well on her way to recovering. (hugs and prayers sent your way, girl!)
I’m tired “as all get out,” so I’m cutting this one short tonight. (I know y’all Yanks love my Southern rhetoric, hehe)