Today I ran into the following error message today when trying to upgrade a Notes 9.0 client to 9.0.1:
A quick google of the error gave me a list of suggested fixes for older versions, none of which helped until I ran across this post by a guy named Chris, detailing that the simple fix was to edit the notes.ini and change the InstallType value from 2 to 6.
Easy peasy! Once I made the change, I was able to upgrade the client with no issue at all. Chris goes on to catalog the list of values for the InstallType attribute and their meanings in his post.
Nice to see that some older fixes still work. :)